Saturday, September 14, 2013

It doesn't always have to be.

Sometimes it's hard to be the big sister. Sometimes it's hard to be a good example. Sometimes it's hard to keep my temper. Sometimes it's hard to be patient. Sometimes it's hard to be calm. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything that's on my plate. Sometimes it's hard to let go. Sometimes it's hard to remember why. Sometimes it's hard to take a breather. Sometimes it's hard to remember the important stuff. I bet you have a list of "Sometimes it's hard to..."'s, too. But it doesn't always have to be. In times of "Sometimes it's hard to..."'s, you can rely on Christ. You can ask Him to help take some of the burden or to help you get through. But all you have to do is ask. He'll never say no, and He's been waiting for you to ask. It doesn't always have to be hard. Christ is there to lift the burden and help you get through it all. I know that life is hard sometimes. But, Christ is there to help you up. In the words of a certain genius songwriter I know: "Sometimes life is hard and you don't want to go on. But you need to remember you are a child of God, of royal birth, sent to this Earth to spread His word. And you need to remember to arise, shine, and stand for what's right and true. You need to recognize your faith and you have to tell yourself: 'My faith is sure. His love is pure. I believe in Him and know that He is true.'" Isn't that just genius? Everyone give a round of applause to...drum roll, please....Mattie Radke! Yes, me. I wrote that song for another Personal Progress project. Life doesn't always have to be hard. You just have to remind yourself who you are, and whose you are. Knowing exactly who you are helps you find out why you belong here, where you're going, and how to take care of all those "Sometimes it's hard to..."'s. To be honest, sometimes I get so caught up in the now, that I forget some of the most important things, like my friends and family, and scripture study. I've been better about remembering, but sometimes I forget. I think that the most important thing to getting over your "Sometimes it's hard to..." blues is this: Trials are like a roller coaster ride, with its ups and downs, but there are some calm moments at the beginning and the end of every trial, because The Lord doesn't always want you to be getting 'sick'. He wants you to feel good about yourself for a while. Remember that He sometimes sends people or something else that you may need when you need them. Just remember that life gets better, and it's only bad when your attitude is bad. Stay positive. It helps!! I should know. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment